Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (review by Mrs. Vaughan, Harker librarian)

Code Name VerityCode Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wein's novel is wonderful! Deeply researched and eminently plausible, this fictional account of two young British women -- one a pilot and one a spy -- during WWII is gripping and heartrending. The novel is told from alternating points of view including the gripping narrative of the captured spy “Verity.” So involved in Wein's plot, I felt as if I was abandoning the characters when I put down the book -- and read it in one sitting. She's done an amazing job a creating two powerful characters and embedding them in a thrilling tale of espionage, history and undying loyalty. Code Name Verity is an excellent choice for both adult and young adult fans of historical thrillers. - Mrs. Vaughan, Harker librarian

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment