Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Other F-Word by Natasha Friend (review by Anya W. '20)

The Other F-WordThe Other F-Word by Natasha Friend
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well it's about to get weird cuz I have something to tell u.

Ok.

R u ready?
I've decided to find r sperm donor

When Hollis Darby-Barns gets an email via her dead mother's account from Milo Robinson-Clark, the half- brother she has met exactly once, she's most certainly not interested in tracking down their donor. Even using the Donor Progeny Project to see if they can contact any of their other half-siblings is a bit of a stretch . . . so why is she agreeing to all of this?
A unique, heartfelt story about two teens trying to find their place in the world by learning more about their past, and by extension themselves, The Other F-word by Natasha Friend has it all. From family dysfunction to forgiveness, from romance to friendship, Friend handles it all spectacularly. Honestly, my only complaint is that I want more. I want to see the characters interacting and growing and achieving their goals. The open ending left a lot to the imagination and hope. I want more. –Anya W. ‘20


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment